Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Describe Yourself

Alright, I know many of you are awaiting our first activity, and although this isn't exactly what you've been asking for, I thought it would be a fun icebreaker game (that would also improve vocabulary) for us to all think of one word that describes ourselves. Well, not just describes... what I'm trying to say is... think of a word that not only describes you, but also takes up the entire essence of your being. Your word should some up all of your qualities (good and bad) in one adjective. To show you what you what I mean, I'll start. My word is "explosive". I chose this because I am a very fun-loving person, but that can also get in my way, as I am sometimes aggressive towards those who don't share my ideals. I am also intelligent (being a Ravenclaw and all), and sometimes facts and knowledge just "explode" out of me. If you're brave enough to share, go ahead and post your word in the Comments section below, and make sure to have fun with (and not stress out about) this activity! If you can't come up with a word, keep thinking, and eventually, it'll just hit you. It did for me.

9 comments:

  1. oh, this is a hard one!! okay, so this isn't going too deep or anything, but i feel like the word 'creative' applies pretty well. I'm constantly making things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say mine is "perceptive". I'm very observant of everything around me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehmmm... I guess I would say "caring". Because I care about a lot of stuff, obviously fandoms but also what's happening in the world, equality and things like that. But mostly I care about my friends and family and am there for them, when they need me. So yeah "caring".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessive.

    I am a very passionate person and my passions usually tip past the point of obsession. Because of this, people view me as knowledgeable and competent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incomprehensible.

    A word we lazily plaster upon anything we as people fail to understand. Seeing as I'm lazy, I have opted to stamp this word on my forehead while babbling justifications for doing so. While people initially view me as a shy, kind girl, they soon get to know me and view the horrific side of me: the hyperactive kid whose obsession for literature goes so deep that no unit in my limited knowledge can even begin to measure it. Additionally, my sharp wit and prolific knowledge in all things useless and inane clash with my slacker habits and B-average status. Humans, like dice, have many sides to them. While I prefer my kind overly-polite-and-sweet-to-the-point-of-giving-others-diabetes facet, I have a habit of making sarcastic or dark humored remarks. I simply wallow and roll in my insanity, landing on a random side each time. Which is why "incomprehensible" is a word best suited to describe me, not to mention that my fourth grade vocabulary prevents me from concocting a better word off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say Adventurous. This is a new thing for me too because I used to be a recluse. I would never leave my room and rarely talk to anyone. Then about 2 years ago, I decided to take a risk and my life has changed considerably since. Now I'll go on many adventures- whether it be hiking, rock climbing, ordering different items at my favorite restaurants, even going to restaurants I never thought I would go to. Starting tonight, I'll even be trying some stand-up comedy. I even try to strike up a conversation with a new person at least 3 times a week. That may not seem like that big of a deal but coming from me it is a huge deal.

    Of course there is a downside to my new 'adventurous' behavior. I've gotten myself in to some trouble while hiking because I was too adventurous and not smart enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Passionate. I am very determined. I would do almost anything to get where I want to be. I realize these things can not happen over night. I a little bit get impatient and frustrated. I admit I can be strange too. Because, like Dani, I can be very obsessive also. Especially with books and movies. They touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obstinate. I will get what I want regardless of how much of myself it takes to get there. While this can be an admirable thing, it can be bad when it comes to me confronting people I perceive as being in the way between me and my dreams. That comes with time though, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bold. I'm a kind person but, I know what I want, I know how to get it, I don't stop proving I'm right when I feel I am.

    ReplyDelete